Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 3 Update

No worries, I took this picture after a big dinner yesterday because I forgot to take it before all the food. It looks like I have no abs at all. I was going to take another one today (Friday), but once again I forgot to take it before dinner.. I decided to post this picture anyways

This past week I had three workout days: Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday.
On Saturday and Monday, I had a limited workout because of the facility I was using. But I did a lot of abs on the exercise ball. Wednesday was my catch up day for biceps and back. I'll be ramping up my workouts for my final week. Even though this picture doesn't show it, I am improving and hopefully get better results by the end of week 4. For my week 3 update, I will give a brief overview of my diet.

I eat a semi-strict paleo and gluten-free diet. I only break off my diet about 1-2 times a week. When I cheat my diet, it is in moderation. I take a bite or two of my restricted foods. This usually happens when I want to try a new food off someone else's plate at a restaurant.

When I do decide to cheat and eat a lot of carbs for a meal, it is almost always rice or a rice noodle.

I eat 3-4 meals a day. I used to eat 5-6 meals (high carb diet) to gain some mass, but I found it more effective with my current low carb, high fat diet with 3-4 meals a day.

Breakfast: All protein and fat. Example: Eggs and Sausage (9am)

Lunch: Protein, fat, some carbs. Chicken Salad ( ALOT of romaine, various greens, cucumbers, carrots) w/ olive oil, some type of dressing. (about 8-12 ounces of meat). Some type of fruit, usually an apple. (12pm)

Mid-afternoon lunch: Protein fat, some carbs. More salad... I get this mid afternoon snack in because I workout at 5-6pm. (3pm)

Dinner: Protein, fat, a little more carbs. Another huge salad with some type of meat (turkey & chicken are the most common). I usually eat 2-3 servings of fruit (apple, peaches) after dinner. (7pm)

There you go, my boring diet. I do cheat sometimes so there is some excitement. This diet isn't for everyone, but it works for me.





1 comment:

  1. hi tom
    that is a crazy diet but you should def add in some rocky road ben & jerrys once in a while!
    :D

    ReplyDelete